Hiking - Le Mont Chaberton
There is no possible alternative to conquering the "Cloud Battleship" and its mountain: you will have to get there with the strength of your legs! But the game is worth the candle, at an altitude of 3131 m the view is breathtaking ...
Remember to bring warm clothes, even gloves for the arrival at the top. Even in midsummer at this altitude, it is rather cool. And if you have thought about the thermos, a good cup of tea will go perfectly with this magical moment ...
Highest point: 3131 m (Mont Chaberton)
Type of route: round trip
Distance: 17.5 km
Duration: 8 hrs
Elevation +: 1288 m
Elevation -: 1288 m
1. From the Tourist Office, go to the right (in front of the office) in the direction of the Obelisk. Cross the road to reach the Saint Anne chapel. At the chapel, take the path that runs along the road leading to the Village club du Soleil (direction Le Chaberton). When the trail meets the road, continue on the road.
2. Leave the road to take the track going up to the left (direction Le Chaberton).
3. At the next crossroads, leave the track to take the path on your left (ETM 6 markings). Follow the path that climbs up to dominate the Rio Secco. The path becomes a track, continue to follow it.
4. Cross the Rio Secco and follow the signs for ETM 7.
5. The trail splits in two. Take the one on the right, which is more progressive.
6. When you reach the Col du Chaberton, turn right towards Le Chaberton. You enter the steepest part of the course.
7. At the top, enjoy the 360 ° view, the many orientation tables and the fort. A little anecdote: in order to be able to build the fort, the engineers “shortened” the 7 m high mountain. Take the same route back.
- Picnic area
- Public WC
- Car park
- Pets welcome
Mis à jour le 12/06/2023 – Office de Tourisme de Montgenèvre – Suggest a modification